COVID-19 Vaccine Passport (ワクチンパスポート)
What is a Vaccine Passport
A Vaccine Passport (ワクチンパスポート, wakuchin pasupōto) is a certificate to confirm that you have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
From December 20, 2021, there are two options:
- Electronic version: COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate (新型コロナウイルスワクチン接種証明書, shingata koronauirusu vakuchin sesshu shoumeisho)
- Paper version: Vaccination Certificate of COVID-19 (新型コロナウイルス感染症 予防接種証明書, shingata koronauirusu kansenshou yobou sesshu shoumeisho)
※Your Certificate of Vaccination for COVID-19 (接種済証, sesshu sumi shou) or Record of Vaccination for COVID-19 (接種記録書, sesshu kiroku sho), that you received when you got vaccinated, still proof that you got 2 shots of vaccine.
- Please find more information on the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare's homepage (English)
Who Can Apply in Kasama
Those who received their Vaccination Ticket (接種券, seshu ken) from Kasama City and used it to get vaccinated can apply for a Vaccine Passport issued by Kasama City. (If you were registered as a permanent Kasama city resident when you got your two shots.)
※If you have moved from Kasama to another municipality after getting two shots, please apply in Kasama City.
※If you moved to Kasama City after getting vaccinated, your Vaccine Passport cannot be issued here. Please submit an application to the municipality where you were registered at the time of vaccination.
※If you have moved to another municipality between the shots, you will need to apply to each municipality separately.
Electronic version: COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
What you need:
- My Number Card (individual number plastic card with your photo)
- My Number Card PIN (A four-digit password set for your My Number Card)
- Passport (when applying for a vaccination certificate to use overseas)
How to apply
1. Download an application and open it (Hint: press the blue button to proceed to the next stage)
2. Choose "Domestic Use" (日本国内用, nihon kokunai yo) or "Overseas Use" (海外用, kaigai yo)
👆You can choose both if you like
3. Insert your My Number Card PIN (暗証番号の入力, anshobango no nyuryoku)
4. Scan your My Number Card
👆If you have chosen "Overseas Use", scan your passport too.
5. Choose "Ibaraki Prefecture" (茨城県, ibaraki ken) and "Kasama City" (笠間市, kasama shi)
6. After your data is displayed, check if it's correct and press a blue button
👆If the data is not correct, please contact Kasama City Hall.
⏳It may take some time for your certificate to get ready. Please be patient.
7. Once your electronic certificate is issued it will stay in your app. You can use it whenever you need it.
👆VDS-NC QR-code is for overseas use, SHC QR-code is for domestic use. If you applied for both, you can switch between them.
Paper version: Vaccination Certificate of COVID-19
1. Apply for your Vaccine Passport at the Health Promotion Division (Health Center) in person or by post.
2. The City Hall will confirm the record of your vaccinations.
3. Receive your Vaccine Passport in person or by post.
※If you apply in person, your Vaccine Passport may be issued on the same day. However, if an additional data check is necessary, it may take more time. Please call in advance to inform the Health Promotion Division staff of your visit.
※If you apply by mail, it will take about 10 days to issue your Vaccine Passport.
Where to Apply
Health Promotion Division (健康増進課, kenko zoshin ka) located in the Health Center (保健センター, hoken senta) inside the Regional Medical Center Kasama (地域医療センターかさま, chiiki iryo senta kasama)
Address: 1966-1 Minamitomobe, Kasama City (笠間市南友部1966-1)
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/aS9pUo9PXM193GGZ9
If you apply in person
2. Valid passport (a copy is accepted) - If you apply for a Vaccine Passport for Overseas Use to travel abroad
※If your passport has expired, the Vaccine Passport cannot be issued.
※If you are using your passport with your prior name (e. g. maiden, prior marriage name, etc.), please bring a document that shows your prior name, such as your My Number Card, Driver's Licence or Residence Certificate (住民票, juminhyo) that has both your actual and prior names on it.
3. I.D. (My Number Card, Driver's Licence, Resident Card, Passport)
4. The middle part of your Vaccination Ticket (接種券, sesshu ken), titled "Pre-vaccination screening only" (予診のみ, yoshin nomi), that shows your Vaccination Ticket Number (接種券番号, sesshu ken bangou)
※If you don't have it anymore, please bring your My Number Card
5. Your Certificate of Vaccination for COVID-19 (接種済証, sesshu sumi shou) or Record of Vaccination for COVID-19 (接種記録書, sesshu kiroku sho)
6. Power of Attorney (委任状, ininjou), if you have someone else act on your behalf.
If you apply by post
Documents #1 - 5 listed above (Application Form, valid passport, the "Pre-vaccination screening only" part of your Vaccination Ticket, your Certificate of Vaccination for COVID-19 / Record of Vaccination for COVID-19)
※Please send an original Application Form (#1), and a copy of all other documents (#2 - 5)
6. An envelope with your current address and a postage stamp on it
※The envelope is necessary to mail back your Vaccine Passport.
※If you want a fast delivery, please affix an appropriate postage stamp.
! NOTE: Fill in a phone number that you can answer during the daytime. If there are any questions regarding your documents, you may be contacted by phone.
Recipient: Health Center (保健センター, hoken senta), 1966-1 Minamitomobe, Kasama City (Postal code 309-1734)
- The Health Center can issue you a Vaccination Passport only if you have been registered as a Kasama city permanent resident when you got your shots.
If you have moved to Kasama City after getting vaccinated, your Vaccine Passport cannot be issued here. Instead, please apply to the municipality where you have been registered at the time of vaccination.
- One Vaccination Passport is issued per application.
- If you have general questions about the vaccination certificates, please contact the Ministry of Health Labour, and Welfare Call Center for COVID-19 vaccines (Tel. 0120-761-770).
Supported languages: Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese
- The Vaccination Passport is issued as official proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon receiving applications from those vaccinated at each municipality under the Japanese Vaccination Law.